Setting Expectations & Learner Support: Helping Learners be Successful
The “Setting Expectations & Learner Support: Helping Learners Be Successful” workshop addresses the importance of providing learners with online interaction guidelines, required policies explaining learner and instructor expectations, technology requirements and technical skills they will need, and how to locate and access Learner Support Services. Participants will create the following four statements during the workshop, “Netiquette Guidelines for Discussion Activities,” an “Attendance Policy,” a statement for “Technology Requirements and Skills,” and a statement about one of these Services (Technical, Accessibility, Student, or Academic Support).
- Discuss online “netiquette.”
- Discuss institution and faculty policies necessary for learners to be successful in your online course.
- Discuss the general and course-specific technical skills required for your online course.
- Discuss the Learner Support Services available at your institution.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
- 2 hours of focused time
Enrollment Requirements: 10 minimum - 20 maximum per session
April 2023 Sessions
- See the Virtual/Synchronous tab on the Professional Development Schedule for dates. Select "Register" to see the time offered.
- Workshops are offered at either 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. eastern or 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. eastern on the day listed.