K-12 Designing Your Blended Course
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on the workshop requirements.
The K-12 Designing Your Blended Course workshop explores key Specific Review Standards in the QM K-12 Rubric and provides a framework for building a blended course — one that combines face-to-face and online elements. Participants use the QM K-12 Rubric to review key elements of blended course design and develop one unit of a blended course.
- Identify the origin and scope of Quality Matters.
- Identify the key definitions and essential elements for blended courses.
- Apply the QM Specific Review Standards to a “module” in one of your blended courses.
- Identify specific strengths and areas for improvement of your course objectives or competencies, assessments, materials, activities, and tools.
- Identify the QM K-12 Rubric Specific Review Standards that have additional requirements for blended courses.
- Develop an activity for an alternate model of blended learning.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
A course unit or lesson you plan to develop for blended delivery.
A minimum commitment of 15 hours total is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.