K-12 F2F: Designing an Engaging and Active Learning Environment (K-12 DEALE)
Make your course active! During the six-hour, virtual or face-to-face workshop for your group of up to 25 participants, the ins and outs of finding and using the right instructional materials and tools are covered. Then, participants will learn to align them to learning objectives and course components. Participants apply these concepts in developing and/or reviewing their own course.
• K-12 Curriculum Staff
• Instructional Designers
- Explain and apply the concept of alignment to your course.
- Explore resource sites and locate instructional materials that are in alignment with your learning objectives.
- Apply criteria for including instructional materials into a course.
- Explain different learning styles and the types of activities that can foster active learning.
- Analyze your own activities and determine how to incorporate active learning.
- Explore tools for engagement.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
A course to work on.
A commitment of 6 hours to attend the workshop.
The fee for this on-site workshop covers up to 25 participants. To arrange on-site workshops contact QM's K-12 Program Coordinator. All onsite workshops require additional facilitator travel expenses and material shipping costs.