Active Learning: 3-2-1 Engage! (K-12 ALE)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
In this workshop, you will learn about General Standard 5, Course Activities and Learner Interaction. The purpose of this workshop is to work together to identify active learning strategies and activities in an online unit and apply the concepts to improve your own course. This workshop is part of the K-12 Precision Workshop Series (third in the series), however, it can be taken as a stand-alone session.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards and Annotations in General Standard 5, Course Activities and Learner Interaction, to course design.
- Apply the concept of alignment to course design.
- Evaluate learning activities to ensure they promote interaction that support active learning.
- Integrate active learning strategies to increase learner engagement.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
A minimum commitment of 8 hours total is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.