Using Instructional Materials & Tech. to Promote Learner Engagement (Standards 4,5,6)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
Alignment relies not only upon the connection between learning objectives and assessments, but also upon connections with instructional materials, learning activities, and technology. In this workshop you will explore how to effectively integrate instructional materials, learning activities, and technology with each other to support learners towards success on assessments and in meeting course objectives.
Focus on QM Rubric Standards 4, 5 and 6 to both develop and review courses.
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Apply the concept of alignment to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 4, Instructional Materials, to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 5, Course Learning Activities and Learner Interaction, to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 6, Course Technology, to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 4, 5, and 6.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
Online option: A minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.
Virtual option: A commitment of 4 hours to attend the workshop.