Connecting Learning Objectives & Assessments (Standards 2 & 3)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on workshop requirements.
The “Connecting Learning Objectives and Assessments” workshop reviews course- and module-level learning objectives while using alignment to ensure that assessments are varied and support the achievement of the learning objectives. Participants apply these concepts to developing and/or reviewing their own course objectives and assessments. The content is based on General Standards 2 and 3 of the Quality Matters Rubric.
- Identify the origin and scope of Quality Matters.
- Apply the concept of alignment to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 2: Learning Objectives (Competencies) to your course.
- Apply the Specific Review Standards in General Standard 3: Assessment and Measurement to your course.
- Identify and prioritize improvements to your course based on your review of the Specific Review Standards in General Standards 2 and 3.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
Online option: A minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week is recommended for achieving the learning objectives.
Virtual option: A commitment of 4 hours to attend the workshop.