Creating Course Alignment Maps (CCM)
The concept of alignment is intended to convey the idea that critical course components work together to ensure that learners achieve the desired learning outcomes. What are these components, and how do you know if they exist in your course? In this workshop, you’ll explore the concept and components of alignment through the Specific Review Standards that address them in the QM Higher Education Rubric. You’ll create an alignment map for a course of your own that can be used to identify gaps and strengthen alignment. Note: With the QM Higher Education Rubric, Seventh Edition, a course/alignment map is required to be submitted in the Course Worksheet for courses undergoing a QM review. If you’re planning to submit a course for review, this workshop may help you meet that requirement.
- Define the concept of alignment.
- Identify the components of alignment.
- Identify the Specific Review Standards that address the components of alignment.
- Determine if course components are in alignment.
- Create an alignment map for a course.
- Four hours to attend the workshop
- A course for creating an alignment map