Higher Ed QM Coordinator Training (QMCT)
Please refer to the Schedule & Checklist for more information on training requirements.
This is a self-paced session that is intended for individuals within an institution who will act as the liaison between the institution and Quality Matters (QM). Institutions may have one or more QM Coordinators. Individuals with this role are automatically enrolled in the training site.
As the institution's primary point of contact for QM, you will learn about Quality Matters first. Other modules include Managing Communications and Membership, Planning and Managing Professional Development Pathways, Tools and Reports, Planning and Managing Course Reviews, Taking Quality Assurance to the Next Level with Program Certifications, and a final module for wrapping it all up. A "QM Coordinator" quiz is available to check your understanding. Once the quiz is completed with an 85%, you'll be marked "Complete" in MyQM.
- Prepare to be a Quality Matters Coordinator by becoming proficient with Quality Matters.
- Serve as liaison and manage communications/membership with Quality Matters.
- Identify appropriate professional development pathways for faculty and staff that align with institutional goals.
- Use QM tools and reports to track individual and institutional data to improve course and program development.
- Plan and manage the processes associated with the coordination of official and internal Quality Matters Course Reviews.
- Align institutional goals with QM Program Certifications.
- Demonstrate readiness to hold the role of QM Coordinator.
Ability to Read and Write Standard Business English
You should complete all activities in the session including the quiz. There are three attempts available to complete the quiz. Although this is designed as a self-paced training for Higher Education (HE) QMCs, QM's HE Subscriber Services Manager will be monitoring the "Q&A Discussion" to address any questions.
- QM Coordinator Training (QMCT) is only available to QM Coordinators at subscribing institutions. QM Coordinators are automatically enrolled in the training when the role is assigned.
- The role assignment for QMC can be changed by completing the Add/Change QM Coordinator form.