Rubric Update (Seventh Edition)
The QM Higher Education Rubric, Seventh Edition Update (Rubric Update) is available to all QM Higher Education Members. QM role-holders, including Peer Reviewers, Master Reviewers, Face-to-Face Facilitators, Online Facilitators, and Course Review Managers, are required to successfully complete the Rubric Update to retain their roles. We strongly recommend that QM Coordinators complete the session as well. The Rubric Update will be available for free from June 5, 2023, to January 5, 2024. After January 5, 2024, the Rubric Update will become the Rubric Update Role Reinstatement and there will be a fee to complete it.
In this self-paced update, you will learn about key changes made to the QM Higher Education Rubric and associated documents, processes, and materials for the Seventh Edition, including:
- How synchronous online courses may be reviewed with the Seventh Edition provided a substantial online course site is available to course reviewers, including what happens during real-time meetings.
- How continuing education courses offered by higher education institutions may be reviewed with the Seventh Edition.
- How a focus on inclusion and belonging was integrated throughout the Seventh Edition.
A score of 85% or better on the Rubric Update Assessment is required for successful completion.
• Higher Education QM Coordinators
• Any Higher Education member who wants to learn about changes made to the QM Higher Education Rubric for the Seventh Edition.
Identify key changes made to the QM Higher Education Rubric and associated documents, processes, and materials for the Seventh Edition.
- Current QM membership
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the QM Higher Education Rubric, Sixth Edition
- The ability to read and write standard business English
All required materials are provided in the QM Rubric Update site. Please note: A copy of the QM Higher Education Rubric, Seventh Edition, is not required to complete this update and is not included in the site. On July 5, 2023, the QM Higher Education Rubric, Seventh Edition, will be available through the Course Review Management System or by ordering a QM Rubric Workbook if you wish to see a copy. You may also want to check with your QM Coordinator in case copies have already been purchased.